[rollei_list] Re: Tanks and Reels

  • From: Emilio Perea <eperea@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 11:28:48 -0500

On Tue, Aug 22, 2006 at 02:17:51AM -0400, Marc James Small wrote:
> Hear the voice of authority, oh chosen ones!  (You have chosen to join this
> List as you have an interest in Rollei cameras, and that does make you
> chosen, doesn't it?)
>
> Kindemann tanks and King Concept Reels  That is the flawless solution.
> Anything else is nonsense.  Ask Jim Brick.

I do have a 16oz Kindermann tank (with two Nikor 35mm reels) which does
not get much use since I got a replacement Rolleiflex.  I shall follow
your advice when I need to replace the Nikor stuff (if I live that long.
:-)

I may buy a Hewes/KC 120 reel to see what they're like.  I guess when I
bought the Nikor stuff they were in transition, since the two 120 reels
had the same model number and came in identical boxes, but are totally
different in design and finish.  What I assume is the older model has a
more polished appearance and a spring-loaded clip that pinches the end
of the film at its center.  The newer has a hinged clip (labelled
"Honeywell Nikor - Made in Japan") which grabs the end of the film along
its full width.  A more secure method, but I usually develop one roll at
a time and like the other one.  What kind of clip does Hewes/KC use?