[rollei_list] Re: Tanks and Reels

  • From: Jeffery Smith <jls@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 11:09:58 -0500

I found it easier to pull the leading edge into the slot rather than pushing it in.

At 11:12 AM 8/22/2006, you wrote:

Yes, that is the reason I wrote "... after a bit of
practice", the reel has two wavy salients (similar to
little "ears") before each ball that you can find
using your fingers in the darkness, it's necessary to
align both salients and then to insert the film
passing its start part through the balls -it
automatically happens if you insert the film properly
in the two salients simultaneosly- afterwards the reel
loads the film thanks you give a forth-back movement
to the reel faces, it's necessary to mantain  the part
of film to load straight and aligned with the salients
and to control it is loading whithin the salients,
perhaps it sounds a bit complicated but it's very easy
and quick really... after a bit of practice.
I never touch the film surface, its start and end
only, I try to handle it taking the film on edge.-

All the best
Carlos