[rollei_list] Re: T body

  • From: "Peter K." <peterk727@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 08:32:54 -0700

Well, the T did not come from from the factory that way, someone please will
correct me here if I am wrong. So I would assume it was done by a technician
thereafter?

Peter K

On 6/14/06, Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Peter,

As I may have said before, I once had a T that had an E side plate so that
double
exposures could be made. (the shutter could be recocked)

Jerry

"Peter K." wrote:

Hi Douglas, The T was something of a stripped down Rollei F that basically
targeted the same market as the earlier Rolleicord. The T was named for
Theodore Uhl, a choice of names that allegedly got him fired when management
at Rollei found out he named the camera after himself.I have a Rollei T
and it is among my favorites. What it lacks is 220 capability and multiple
exposure. But 220 and Multi-exposure were more for pros, and this camera was
designed for the amateur and advanced amateur market. The T came with a
Zeiss Tessar or Schneider Xenar F3.5 taking lens. It was lighter that the
standard Rollei F and had the ability to use a 6 x 4.5cm adapter (an
adapter the more expensive models could not use). Like the F it could use
the Rolleikin for 35mm film, and had a removable hood, so you could use a
prism in place of the Waist Level Finder.As someone already pointed out,
the F TLRs of the 60s and 70s were different bodies than the T. The newer FX
and GX bodies are based on the T as the tooling for the previous Fs was not
available. Personally, it is my opinion that this was smarter idea since it
was less costly to use a T chassis. Rest assured someone will disagree with
me here and tell me I am wrong even though I state this is just an opinion.
;-) Peter K
 On 6/13/06, *Douglas Nygren* <dnygr@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have a Rollei and have not paid much attention to bodies, etc. It
> performs well.
>
> What is a T body? An F body? The GX, FX are recent vintage cameras,
> right?
>
> Doug

Peter K
Ó¿Õ¬