[rollei_list] Re: Source for a short cable release

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 14:50:35 -0800

----- Original Message ----- From: "Schauss, Peter" <peter.schauss@xxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2007 1:26 PM
Subject: [rollei_list] Source for a short cable release

Does anyone know where I can buy a cable release about 2-3" long? I would like to be able to use a cable release on my Rolleicord since I suspect I will get less camera shake than if I trip the shutter with the cocking lever. The shortest length I can find in places like B&H is 6" which is really too long to leave attached to the camera when I am
carrying it.

Thanks,
Peter Schauss
---
Rollei suggests holding the camera on the palm of the left hand and using the left middle finger to pull the cocking-release lever. This pushes the camera against the ball of the thumb and it won't move. I think it will actually be much harder to keep it steady with a cable release when hand holding the camera. I also have one of the little push-button releases made for the Rolliecord V or maybe Va/Vb. It is less steady than the method using the shutter lever.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx