[rollei_list] Re: Searching for a repair manual or procedure

Hello all !
I've dismantled the meter hood.
It is an easy task.
If you want to open it, you have to remove the four screws at each
corner of the base.
Then gently peel off the leatherette under and around the speed and ISO
dial and around the spot switch. You will see a brass plate with 4 small
holes under which are the adjustment potentiometers.
Then pull gently the innards of the meter which come as a set. You then
have in one hand the cover still holding the viewfinder and it's shutter
and on the other one the full meter.
Beware of the small spring lying under the battery cover release lever.
It is not under considerable tension, but these are fun players...
There are also a very small spring and a tiny ball on the ocular blind.
The spring is into the ocular lens mount and press the ball against the
shutter support  to provide audible clicks when you operate it. Not a
big deal, but...
Now, the damage ...
1) the cover has brass insert to thread the 4 screws. So making an epoxy
repair should be easier. I wonder if I've got all the plastic bits which
broke during the fall ?
2) the two mirrors serving to send the image of the needle into the
viewfinder are unglued. One is badly worn out. As they're front surface
mirrors, I wonder how I can replace them. Replacing them and gluing will
be a tough job as I've to dismount the meter (and it's printed circuit
board), or unsolder the 4 light cells on the top of the hood...then find
a suitable glue and find the exact and correct position.... (devising
the proper position of all parts is more difficult as I've never seen
the "device" assembled...)
3) the ocular blind is non functioning. It has been "repaired" with a
large shot of oil. In fact, the problem is that two of the 3 blades have
lost their small pin. I've one which was stuck by the oil (thanks) but I
wonder how §i can repair or make new pins ?
So if somebody has a non functioning meter hood from which I could get
parts, feel free to contact me ;-)
I'm also open to all suggestions you may have to restore this fine piece
of German work and ingenuity !
Thanks
P.S. : if one of you has a schematics, I'll be glad and grateful having
a copy !

--
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.
                Abraham Maslow