[rollei_list] Re: Scanners

  • From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 11:59:01 -0500

At 09:41 AM 3/29/2012, Maarc wrote:
Why not install Windows XP on the new lap-top? That would resolve every problem he has set out and would allow him to run Wolftenstein 3D, and whyever would anyone want a machine which could not run that ultimate game?

Marc

Clarification-

The laptop has had XP from the beginning, it's about 10 or more years old. The compatibility issue is with the new HP desktop I had to buy, which came with factory-installed Windows Home Premium on it.

The machine which slowly died had 8 hard drives on it, was built in one of those "gamers" boxes, and has 3 fans that make it sound like a threshing machine. I was able to copy the data files from 6 of the drives to my big backup drive for the new machine and they are just sitting in the old box until I can clean them up and donate them. Also in the old box are 2 SCSI drives with Open System Unix on them, will probably let those go. There is more to tell but it's so far off topic I'll stop here.

DAW