[rollei_list] Re: Scanners

  • From: Eric Goldstein <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 12:41:27 -0400

Here's the tale of the tape:

-New copies of XP has been unavailable for some time, so your purchase must
have been a while ago.
-Vista did not sell and was quickly replaced
-Windows 7 is selling very well
-Windows 8 will attempt to be an across platform OS that will integrate all
devices, as will Mac OS X 10.8 and Android 4
-Outlook is a dinosaur and Office is transitioning to a cloud based
application. Google offers it free as part of their "doc" cloud-based
service.

I sell a good quantity of 3-4 year old PCs I refurbish with XP or XP/7 dual
boot to guys just like you!

Don could easily use his scanner with Windows 7 and there is information
available on the web that could help him.

Eric says: Stay open-minded, stay current, stay nimble, stay present...

Eric Goldstein