[rollei_list] Re: Scanners

  • From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 17:51:34 -0500

At 05:46 PM 3/28/2012, you wrote:
Don -

Having trouble understanding this:

>Now by install, I had to make a selection of Vista word size and simply said to RUN instead of using save and install. Probably a >mistake but it's done now.

Does the scanner appear in the device manager? If not, I'd suggest you go to the Canon support site, navigate to your scanner, download the 32 or 64 bit Vista driver (just the driver, no other app or utility), save it and run it...

I was in a rush. The installation gave me the option to run it which, in prior similar situations, does the install. You are probably right in that it didn't install because there was no install report or progress screen. I believe the Canoscan D1230U had only one driver option, don't remember whether it was 32 or 64 bit.

I'll look further into this and see what happens.

Thanks,

DAW

You can always use system restore to turn back the clock to a time before the install. But it sounds to me like you did not install the drivers... when you do the install the system will message you that the drivers installed normally or there was a problem.

Eric Goldstein