[rollei_list] Re: Scanners

  • From: John Jensen <jwjensen356@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 21:21:13 -0700 (PDT)

There is a workaround for Windows 7 but it might cost you some money.  If you
have Windows 7 Professional you can download free from Microsoft a software
package that enables Windows Virtual PC.  This will run Windows XP mode,
operating within Windows 7, but with the look and feel of Windows XP.  It will
run any XP program.

But if your Windows 7 is the Home Edition, you cannot load Windows Virtual PC.
However, for an upgrade (priced at $89 I believe) from Home Edition to
Professional you can then do the download.  It's interesting that built within
the Windows 7 package you have is the Virtual PC software and the upgrade
process simply unlocks what you already have on your hardrive.

Clever.  You pays your money and you takes your choice as the expression goes.

John