[rollei_list] Re: Scanner decision

  • From: Frederic Fichter <ffichter@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 11:42:35 +0200

From http://www.photo-i.co.uk/Reviews/interactive/Scanners/ Epson_F3200/page-1.htm :
"I think Epson has got it wrong with this scanner. It probably won't appeal to a professional or keen hobbyist and it's overpriced for the consumer. The F-3200 is basically a flatbed scanner repackaged in a more conveniently sized box. There is a lot of technology in this scanner, most of it is over the top for professional use, for a consumer this may appeal but the price needs to be cut drastically. At a lower price of around £100 this scanner would make a perfect partner to the EPSON PictureMate, at £549 it is overpriced. If you need excellent quality scans then take another look at the 4870 or wait for the new 4990 due early 2005"

You should go the 4990 way if you want an Epson (it's the third generation of Epson flatbeds that I buy and I'm very happy with it, does a much better job with dense b&w negs than the 3200, for instance).

Review here : http://www.photo-i.co.uk/Reviews/interactive/Epson% 204990/Page%201.htm

Fred

On Oct 14, 2005, at 11:28 AM, Per Ohstrom wrote:

I have been thinking of the Epson F-3200 for a while. I think it is the cheapest film scanner for 120 format. Has anyone on the list any experience of this one?

--- Rollei List