[rollei_list] Re: SL66 / Metz flash problem

  • From: Slobodan Dimitrov <s.dimitrov@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 19:16:42 -0700

Locking to a Metz 6 connector?

Slobodan Dimitrov

On Sep 26, 2006, at 7:07 PM, Jerry Lehrer wrote:

Mike,

I have a locking cord available, should you be interested.

Jerry

Mike Kovacs wrote:

I'm certain Rollei sells synch cords with the proper locking connector.
I'm even more certain they cost 100x more than the average synch cord :)

Have a look at Paramount's web site:
http://www.paramountcords.com/rollei.asp

I would call them to confirm the SL66 socket is the same fit as the
TLRs. (I don't own a locking cord but I'd like to know if you find out!)

Craig Roberts wrote:

Okay -- it isn't really a problem.  It's a little annoyance -- an
inconvenience -- that I'd like to address.

The sync cord from my old Metz 45 flash unit tends to fall out of my
SL66 "X" connector far too easily. This has been happening for years
and I am weary of it. I'm guessing that the spring-loaded latch on
the camera's flash connector jack keys into a slot on the sync cord's
plug. However, this sync cord -- a new Metz replacement -- has no
slot or other means of locking into the camera's jack. Surely someone
else has run into this problem. Did you find a cure? (I suppose I
could cut a tiny slot in the cord plug but it would take a mighty fine
blade to do it).

Thanks,

Craig
Washington, DC