[rollei_list] Re: Rotting Rollei Case Stitching

  • From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 05 May 2009 18:15:26 -0500

At 06:09 PM 5/5/2009, you wrote:
Wonderful dissertation on WD-40!
Long live Tri-Flo; the best friend a wrench ever had.
Kevin

That's popular with the garage door opener installers, but I'm not holding my breath until that product is proven.

I did buy some but have found that specialized lubricants are better in most cases, that is lubricants designed for specific applications as recommended by the manufacturer of the product.

That doesn't mean I don't use Tri-Flo or the other competitors for non-critical applications. For example I use some stuff with Teflon in it for squeaky door hinges, but don't think I would pick it for use in one of my cameras, or in a watch, for example.

Would you?

DAW