[rollei_list] Re: Rolleinar 3 poll

  • From: Dennis Purdy <dlp4777@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2010 16:29:42 -0800

On Mar 6, 2010, at 16:19, Mark Rabiner wrote:

I have a #2 Rolleinar.

Oddly when I first used view cameras I had magnifying diaptors (called
filters) I'd use on the lenses for close up copy work to avoid having to get into bellows factor and long bellows extensions which at the time I didn't have a grasp on yet. A bit of a mistate in time I learned to just leave
them off and just go for the big extension and deal with it.
I think (before I got my Rolleinar) the Dioptor magnifier set I'd use on my Rolleifix before I got my Hasselblads was the same one I'd use on my view
camera lens. A lens from the 50''s or 40's with a small filter size.
Not bigger than Bay III or the equivalent I guess.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner

I am guilty of using a Kodak close up filter on the back of my 14 inch red dot artar. It is about the size of a rolleinar. I love the quality and the ability to reach around my camera to focus while looking at the ground glass.
Dennis