[rollei_list] Re: Rolleimot

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 18:40:57 -0400

At 04:14 PM 4/12/2010, John Jensen wrote:
I went to the Diane Arbus photo exhibition several years ago. In one of the display cases was her Rollei TLR and it was quite worn (some would say beat-up). But she finished her career with a Mamiya C TLR.

That totally misses the point. I have asked for a single person to be identified who was in the market for a Rolleiflex TLR and who then decided, instead, to buy a Mamiya. The two systems really were never in competition.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!