[rollei_list] Re: Rolleimot

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2010 19:54:47 -0400

At 02:47 PM 4/8/2010, Peter K. wrote:

The reason I am silent is that I work and travel. Do not always check this list. So I will say that I was perhaps wrong to call the Rolleimot a pig. The Rolleimot apparently had a "unique market" as you note. What market? Apparently no one really knows, but it must have been useful somewhere. You would need a long electric cord and a long remote cord, so go figure where this was applicable.

As to Herr Prochnow. He was a nice man. I too corresponded with him, but would not call myself an expert because of that. Not sure why he did not return your emails, or those of Bob Shell. But he was quite accessible prior to his passing and I did write him on a number of occasions and received responses.

Peter

The Rolleimot was developed for technical applications in dangerous areas. Seems pretty clear to the rest of us. What problem do you have with this possibility?

I only obtained an e-mail address for Prochnow several months before his death, and I suppose that is why he never replied to my missives. No problem. Bob Shell wrote him at length by snail-mail a few times about eight or nine years back and never got a response. For all I know, the letters were lost in the mail.

I was not complaining about my lack of direct contact with Prochnow: I was simply noting that Carlos had a vibrant and rich exchange with Prochnow for many years, and I did not. And I now know that you had contact as well. As you properly note, there are only 24 hours a day, and all of us fail to push things with sufficient vigor until the time for doing so is past. I still have a dozen lens serial numbers to send Charlie Barringer -- and it is too late now to do this. I should have done it three weeks ago, when it might have made a difference, but I just could not find the Round Tuit.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!