[rollei_list] Re: Rolleikin musing

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 08:46:14 -0300

My most viewed photograph at Flickr was taken with the 2.8C Xenotar
and the Rolleikin in the horizontal format, I use the secondary mirror
to focus the subject and the sports viewfinder to frame it, anyway it
is uncomfortable to hold the TLR this way. The image got thounsands
and thousands of visitors in few months, it has nothing special but I
understand the subject could be the cause for the number of visitors,
my second most viewed image is from the same roll too, but taken with
the Rolleikin in the vertical format, very comfortable this way.
I have a lot of better photographs than these two, but the subject is
the subject for most people.

The other way to obtain panoramic effect views with a Rollei TLR is
cropping the neg or slide after you took the image, the problem is
that you need to compose the frame thinking you will crop it
afterward, it is difficult most of times; I obtained this effect
sometimes but it was almost by chance.

Carlos