[rollei_list] Re: Rolleikin and Vision3 ECN2

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 May 2012 22:34:05 -0300

2012/5/12 Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxx>:

> Which specific version of Windows 7 did you buy?  I am interested in being
> able to use a nice Canoscan scanner but it doesn't have a Windows 7 driver.
> It will run on my laptop on XP but not on the new HP with Win 7 home premium
> pre-installed on it.  Microsoft offers an upgrade to Windows 7 that you can
> buy, then download a supplementary program that emulates Windows XP.  Not
> sure I want to go to that expense without knowing that it would run the
> scanner.  My Canoscan is the only one I see, within reason, that scans flat
> objects, books, and 35mm and 2 1/4 slides and negatives.  It worked fine for
> years on XP and I have a bunch of scans to do yet, primarily 2 1/4".
>
> I wish Microsoft would stop helping us so much.

Don:
         I followed the thread about your Canoscan scanner driver for
Windows 7 and wrote nothing about it because I couldn't find a
solution for your problem. My PC came with Win 7 Home Premium
pre-installed, it seems drivers are the issue with Win 7 because I
needed to upgrade the original Epson 4490 scanner driver from the
Epson website, the original driver was installed without problems
apparently, however Win 7 did not recognize the scanner when I tried
to use it , there was no problem after to download the driver for Win
7.  My old software was installed and is working perfectly, even the
"Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator WWII" for Win '98 is working fine.

Anyway Don, I found this page right now, I know nothing about it and I
never tried their drivers, anyway it looks like they are offering a
Canoscan 1230U dirver for Win 7 for free (I'm not sure if that is
true), it's your risk:

http://www.driversegg.com/canoscan-drivers/canoscan-1230u-driver.html