[rollei_list] Re: Rolleikin and Panoramas

  • From: Jim Brick <jim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 08:17:49 -0700

You want 35mm and pano, you need an Xpan. 24x65. Better than 24x56. And normal 35mm frames can be interspersed. Great lenses to boot!

Jim

At 10:13 AM 6/2/2006 -0700, Jan Decher wrote:

Hi Guys (& Gals?),

A whole digest about a Rollei question. Thanks!!

After thinking about where the perforation runs on 35mm film, of course it
would have to be 56 x 24 mm panoramas created with a modified Rolleikin.

Richard: Yes,  I thought about "cropping the 120 neg",  but I think it
changes your composition at the picture-taking stage, if you view the world
through a panoramic (or panorama-cropped) finder. And I don't like wasting
120 film surface, and 35mm is cheap and looong for lots of panoramica shots
per roll.

Probably getting a Mamiya 7, where the film runs horizontal (and a
panoramic 35mm adapter is already available), would be a more sensible
solution.  However, my B22 enlarger and Rollei P11 Projector can't handle 6
x 7.  Then there is the Fuji-Hasselblad Leica look-alike 35mm Panorama
camera....

Perhaps my Super Ikonta B 533/16 could be modified with a 35mm panoramic
back.  Did Zeiss ever make such a thing (Marc?)?

--- Rollei List