[rollei_list] Re: Rolleiflex for sale

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 19:44:42 -0800

----- Original Message ----- From: "dbmills" <dbmills@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, March 13, 2010 2:35 PM
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: Rolleiflex for sale

I'm sorry Richard. My error in inadvertently sending it to the list.

I undoubtedly erred in referring to the booster spring because all of my
other Rollei's have used them for the highest speed.

I omitted mentioning that my shutter tester indicates that the times for 1/250 and 1/500
are the same.

Don

I thought it was probably sent in error. I don't know what has happened to the shutter but you should talk to Harry about it. Note that on a simple shutter tester the high speeds will read low. The worst is the hightest speed, 1/500th or 1/400th, which is calibated for the effective exposure with the iris wide open. For the center of the shutter the speed will typically be about 20% longero, i.e., about 1/400th for the 1/500th setting. I think the repair manual says 1/390th. The opening and closing times of the blades is enough to reduce the efficiency of the shutter significantly at the highest speeds. Nonetheless 1/500th should read noticably higher than 1/250th so there is definitely something wrong.

--
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA