[rollei_list] Re: Rolleiflex Panorama

2011/6/3 Jan Decher <Jan.Decher@xxxxxxx>:
".... Would be nice if the merging software could to a
> better job at blending the sky  since it seems almost impossible to
> scan/edit each image at exactly the same density etc. Exposure was kept
> constant for all images..."

I forgot to write about the points above (from my own experience) when
I commented your nice pano. Yes, it is easier to stitch optical prints
than scanned images (talking about a sort of "manual" procedure with
PS), I use VueScan exposure lock, the scan becomes identical (in
theory) for each frame, it is not perfect but it helps to keep the
stitched image coherence, I also use identical exposure during the
frames taking beyond the scene real light, otherwise you add another
problem to stitch the frames and since the frames are from the same
roll, no problems with development times, developer type etc.

I had commented that the Rollei Pano Head (designed tostitch optical
prints) does not provide the necessary overlapping area among frames
to allow several pano softwares to do a good work, it is one of the
reasons I use the "manual" mode to stitch the frames with PS if they
were taken with the RPH.
My last pano was taken with the Rolleifix and the Rollei tripod pano
head, it allows (if you want) a very large percentage of overlapping
areas between frames allowing pano softwares to work fine.
The commented pano has four frames, I only could stitch three frames
using my usual "manual" way, however I could add the fourth frame
using the PS Elements v.2.0 (one of the firsts) "Photomerge" option,
the stitching was very good because the frames have a large
overlapping area. I uploaded the two samples to Flickr some weeks
ago.-