[rollei_list] Re: Rolleiflex 35mm Cameras

  • From: John Stockdale <j.sto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 10:36:15 +1000

Hauke is right, my camera is a 35SE. My mistake in calling it a 35S.

Marc has suggested Harry Fleenor, and I will contact him. The thought occurs that even with a repaired meter, the 5.6v mercury battery is now very difficult to obtain, perhaps impossible.

I have heard of work arounds for smaller (1.35v) mercury batteries for older cameras. Is there a modern replacement for the 5.6v mercury? Or a suggestion for an alternative setup?

regards,  John

==========
Hauke Fath wrote:
Note that what the OP has is actually a 35 SE - the light meter being the
major difference between the S and SE, they are not really compareable here.

Both my experience from roughly a dozen colour slide films on a Rollei 35
S, and my dad's experience from shooting slide film on a Rollei 35 T for 30
years seems to indicate that the meter is doing fine, as long as (like with
any light meter) you take into account the measuring angle and the integral
measuring characteristics.

YMMV, as usual.

        hauke