[rollei_list] Rolleiflex 3003 'camcorder' grip

  • From: Hauke Fath <hauke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 08:45:32 +0200

All,

going back to more beautiful Rolleis...

I've had a discussion with two ebay sellers recently about whether or not
the Rolleiflex 3003 shipped with the detachable 'camcorder' grip (for lack
of a better expression; my manual is in German).

I bought my 3003 used about 19 years ago, and it came with the grip. The
manual has the camera with grip on the front page, but does not have a
shipping list. And it doesn't even list the grip with a parts number. Most
of the 3003s offered on ebay these days come *without* the grip - which is
puzzling, since arguably this grip and the additional trigger on the top
are the biggest improvement over the SL 2000F.

Does anybody have additional information? I guess the person to ask would
be Jan Böttcher, who does not appear to be subscribed any more...

        hauke