[rollei_list] Re: Rolleiflex 2.8E value

  • From: Marc James Small <msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 22:04:24 -0400

At 05:19 PM 8/23/2006, Peter K. wrote:

So the Mutars date only back to 1963? I did not know that. Thought they had them earlier but guess not.

Carl Zeiss Jena produced the 4X Magnar immediately before WWI; this came only with a Bayonet I fitting. CZJ produced test batches of a 2X Magnar and a 4X Duonar after the War but finally produced the 2X Duonar in a mount which had a double bayonet so it would fit on either Bayonet I or III; this was produced in the early 1950's. Finally, Carl Zeiss, the guys at Oberkochen, produced the Weitwinkel-Mutar (0.7X) and Tele-Mutar (1.5X) with adapters to enable them to be used on Bayonet I, both Bayonet II's, and Bayonet IIII, these coming out in 1963 and continuing in production only for two or three years, as Franke & Heidecke was concerned that they would cut into the sales of the Tele-Rollei, the Weitwinkel-Rollei, and the forthcoming SL66.

Marc

--- Rollei List