[rollei_list] Re: Rolleicord 2 focus knob

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 04:52:21 -0700 (PDT)

I think that after to verify your Compur Rapid is complete with the link for
the cable release and the exact position for this piece and the way the cable
release works, you could do a hole with the right size in the Rolleicord II
front panel (shutter cover)to access to this piece with the cable release head
directly. It looks like an easy task to me, however it's always better a good
technician for this kind of work if you don't have the right tools and you
don't have experience enough, it's better to do one hole and not two or three...
The position for the cable release socket in my Rolleicord IV is identical
regarding the 'cord III socket position despite the shutters models are
different, it is a simple hole in the front panel with the exact diameter to
screw the cable release and then the cable extreme pushes something in the
shutter to release it.
I used  the cable release in the Rolleicord IV several times and it was
uncomfortable because it's difficult to screw the cable head and to maintain
its right angle via the simple hole in the panel, there is no a channel for the
cable head like in the Rolleicord II and the front panel is thin to hold the
cable head. The solution for this problem is a little and short tube fitted in
the hole with the thread for the cable like in the Rolleicord V models; during
my 'cord CLA the technician put this mini-tube in the camera and to use the
cable release became a pleasure; anyway you can use the cable screwing it in
the hole directly.

Carlos