[rollei_list] Rollei today news

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 12:44:14 -0300

"News

"December 9, 2009

"DHW Fototechnik to continue activities of Franke & Heidecke
"DHW Fototechnik GmbH, which was founded by Rolf Daus, Frank Will and
Katharina Hartje at the end of September, intends to continue some of
the activities of the traditional German company, Franke & Heidecke,
which filed for insolvency in February 2009. Hans Hartje has been
appointed CEO of the new company.

Hartje worked for many decades for Franke & Heidecke GmbH and Rollei
Fototechnik GmbH, where he held considerable responsibility as
co-partner and member of the management. Among other things, he headed
the in-house production division. As the CEO of DHW Fototechnik GmbH,
he now wants to put this experience to good use. The aim of the new
company according to the entry in the commercial register is "the
production, repair and marketing of precision technology and optical
devices".

Hartje told INTERNATIONAL CONTACT that the production of cameras,
projectors and lenses had always carried on even after the declaration
of insolvency. Although there had been rumors on occasions that
production would be halted, this had never at any time corresponded to
the facts. The service side, which DHW Fototechnik is also taking care
of, had never been neglected either during the last few months.

Production and service is currently being taken care of by a team of
around 25 former employees of Rollei / Franke & Heidecke. Most of them
spent between 15 and 40 years there. The production plants and
production halls of the new company are located at Rollei's
traditional site in Brunswick. "At the moment, we naturally need far
less space than before," said Hartje, "but we are optimistic that the
trade and photographers will quickly accept us as a new partner, and
that we will be able to expand our activities in the very near
future.":
http://www.worldofphoto.com/meldung/meldung2.php?NID=30112274