[rollei_list] Re: Rollei at the Movies

  • From: "Marvin Wallace" <Marvin0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 00:37:31 -0700

I agree with you Peter. I think Arbus clearly exploited her subjects; she
portrayed them in a supremely negative light. Her case as a fine art
photographer was strengthened in that she committed suicide and in some
sense joins the "freaks".
As for the spin on truth; and it being in the eye of the beholder. Beauty
may be in the eye of the beholder, but truth is that which is in agreement
with reality.