[rollei_list] Re: Rollei TLR - The History by Ian Parker

  • From: Marc James Small <msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 16:48:35 -0400

At 07:50 AM 9/6/2006, Douglas Nygren wrote:

Marc, Bruno Walter left Germany for Austria after Hitler took over in 1933 and left Austria after the Anschluß.

We exchange a great deal of misinformation here.

No, we do not do so, and, pray, do not be an ass.

Allow me to explain why you are being an ass. A jerk says, "NO! NO! NO!" A helpful soul says, "Ah! You said Walter but, no, he was out of the picture by then. They fellow you are discussing was xxx".

My copy of INSIDE THE THIRD REICH is in Richmond, and I am in Roanoke. Next week, I'll be in Richmond, and all of my camera references will remain in Roanoke, to be moved. In six months, I'll finally have all of my references at hand, for the first time in a decade.,

Read Speer and find the facts. There were two symphony orchestras in Berlin and two conductors. It was the OTHER conductor, not von Karajan, who was trusted to pass on the message, and those for whom the message was intended were urged to attend the non-von Karajan symphony. Again, read Speer's INSIDE THE THIRD REICH for details: he was the fellow who set it up.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!

--- Rollei List