[rollei_list] Re: Rollei TLR - The History by Ian Parker

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 10:34:16 +0000 (GMT)

 --- John Jensen <jwjensen356@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> escribió:

> Regarding the picture that I mentioned, does anyone
> have a copy of the pamphlet '80 Years Rollei'?
> Check
> page 13 for the photo of the reception room.  The
> picture hanging there certainly looks like Herr
> Hitler(as he NY Times would refer to any dictator,
> large or small).

Yes, I have that pamphlet and you are right, pages 13
and 14 are about the factory and workers on 1938, the
picture in the reception room background is about
Hitler, it was the more used and known "official"
portrait that the law required to be exhibited as Marc
explained. I think it was very honest from Rollei to
show this photograph about the company history today.

F&H had prestige very much on the '30s thanks to the
modern F&H factory buildings, the way F&H considered
their workers and the design prizes Rolleiflex and
Rolleicord cameras won around the world and then the
Nazi government couldn't lose the opportunity to use
this prestige to their favour and the government
declared the Rollei factory "Model Plant" as other
similars factories were declared, it created an
additional political pressure on F&H, however despite
they could show an external support to the regime due
to the political circumstances, they never accepted
the swastika for the cameras and tried to resist some
labour conditions during the war as Marc explained
too.

Regarding one of my messages on the topic, I'd like to
clarify that Heidecke´s son died in Russia but not in
Stalingrad, he died there as POW in 1946.-

All the best

Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.
está en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta).
¡Probalo ya!