[rollei_list] Rollei SL66 first results

I had no problems developing this Ilford Pan F 50 with Microdol-X 3+1
taken with the Rollei SL66 Zeiss Distagon 4/80 lens, and then it’s
confirmed the rest of old Rodinal was my previous failure only
culprit.
The camera and lens look working right from any point of view, except
that the lens Compur shutter needs a cleaning, it fires the flash
after the camera focal plane shutter is closed.
The SL66 has the longest standard focusing mechanism travel for a MF
camera, this is very useful for certain kind of shots.
We saw the sunlight a few minutes the last 10 days, natural light is
dull during these days and an ISO 50 film becomes slow too much even
for a subtropical area, anyway I took the photographs using it (I
thought the climate could improve soon), these are two samples:
1)      The Distagon 4/80 shows a nice “bokeh” here IMO, the image was
taken camera handheld, f4, 1/30 shutter speed:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/itarfoto/4716333963/

2)      The built-in bellows and the long focusing travel allow close-ups
with a standard FL without aids, you can go closer than for this
sample and if you invert the lens you get increased magnification:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/itarfoto/4716333685/

Carlos

PS: If you use the SL66 handheld regularly, you don’t need to do
weightlifting! :-) , the Distagon 4/80 has double weight regarding the
Planar 2.8/80 due to the shutter and lens construction, but camera and
lens performance are beyond any consideration about weight, in fact
its weight helps to the camera firmness on the tripod.