[rollei_list] Rollei P11 adjustment

  • From: Jan Decher <jan.decher@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 09:32:59 -0800

Claude:

I have a P11 to and it is starting to stick with 35mm slides.  Let me know
if you find the repair manual somewhere (RolleiClub?)

Shipping this heavy and fragile projector across the country for repair
might be not be worth it and also risky.  Maybe buying a second one cheaply
and using it for parts is a better idea.

I have been thinking of replacing mine with the new 66 Dual but at the cost
of the  66 Dual one can do a lot with the old P11 to make it work again.

Hama's 6x6 and 6 x 4.5 Proslides work well for me.  They are cheap and
thick enough for the P11.  They also fit easily into the hanging pages
(some slide mounts are so thick you really have to push them into the
compartments).

Jan

From: Claude Hayward <claude.hayward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [rollei_list] Rollei PII Projector Performance - Slides sticking

Best wishes from England UK,

I bought a PII 6x6 projector a few years ago but must admit to only
using it infrequently.
I use Gepe slides - plastic framed, slide sandwiched between glass sheets.

Now Slides tend to stick nearly always if the magazine is forwarded, the
transport moving out not quite far enough to completely eject the old
slide, move past and then reverse direction to insert the next slide.

This occurs less often/ works better if I always operate the mag backwards.
Pulling gently outwards on the slide transport ejects the slide, moves
on the magazine and inserts the new slide. Projection/ illumination is fine.

Is there any easy  adjustment to make or parts to clean up, getting the
top cover off is easy, the bottom looks more problematic.

Any comments welcome is there a repair guide anywhere or should I look
for a professional service and tune up?

 I was disheartened by reading on an internet trawl that "these
projectors are always sticky and not to bother with them".

Claude Hayward