[rollei_list] Re: Rollei Flash

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 11:19:31 -0800

----- Original Message ----- From: "Eric Goldstein" <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2008 6:14 AM
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: Rollei Flash

Hi Elias -

Yes GNs are the same for lamp or strobe but they are only estimates and your reflector/light management device will have a major effect on
light output...

I wanted to comment on your observation relative to light quality from flash lamps. Others will debate it but there is no question in my mind that you are correct...the quality of the light from a "bulb" is obviously nicer than that from a strobe. I think it has to do with the longer illumination times for the lamps and also possibly color
temperature differences...

Eric Goldstein

I meant to comment on this. I also find a difference in quality. I think it has more to do with the size of the light source but it may be something else. There should not be too much difference between a blue flash bulb and a strobe although the stobe may be bluer. Flash powder, used in trays, had even softer light because the source was pretty extended.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx