[rollei_list] Re: Rollei 35S, SE and handguns

a 25cal automatic, with the right load, can do a great deal
of damage. ........Just remember to pick up after yourself.
  There are some very fine 22 revolvers which leave nothing
behind.  Just consider your target: if you can get that
close, a 22 is effective, quiet and safe.  If your target
is that far away, you should not be using a hand gun.   My
neighbor has a higher powered hand gun and thus far misses
the racoons, as it were, but has shot his deck full of
holes.

I have always found the Rollei 35 a fine longer distance
camera but I would not think they are useful up close.
Horses for courses.

Jerry Friedman

--- Peter J Nebergall <iusar4s@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> it is like a 25cal automatic pistol, described by Jeff
> Cooper as "the
> best thing to have when you didn't bring a real gun...."
>
> Peter Nebergall
> On Wed, 3 Oct 2007 08:37:24 GMT marvin0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> writes:
> > Again I agree with you totally Carlos if your main
> purpose is not to
> > take photos then the 35 is excellent camera.
> > By the way you mentioned that the 35 is the best
> minature to have in
> > your shirt pocket, this is a claim that as I mentioned
> is subjective
> > and thus impossible to substantiate.
> > In philosophy there is something know as language
> biwitchment, this
> > means there is a property ascribed to an  object
> regardless of the
> > fact if that object has the quality or not.
> >  I really think this is the case with the 35 and its
> minature
> > status.
> > Thanks,
> > Marvin.
> > Sent via BlackBerry® from 3

Catch up on fall's hot new shows on Yahoo! TV. Watch previews, get listings,
and more!
http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/3658