[rollei_list] Re: Rollei 35S, SE

  • From: marvin0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 07:46:06 GMT

Hello Mark,
I have tried several 35's and I have never gotten  on with any of them.
The camera for me as a tool is somethimg that I like to be in complete control
of so that I accurately predict the results.
With the 35 however aside from awkward film loading and awkward balance there
is way to much margin for error in focus, I like street photography primarily
people and documentary.The 35 is not a good tool for this application and hence
very limiting. As pointed out in another post the 35 does have a cult status,
as a mountaineering camera, which is exaxtly what I was saying "stopped down
focused on infinity" its great, other than that! And to top it off I really
don't think the size and weight is that different to much more flexible tools
such as the Kodak Retina's, even the 2s and 3s with their squinty rf.
If one goes montaineering the 35 is the one to reach for but other than that no
way.
All the Best.
Marvin.

Sent via BlackBerry® from 3