[rollei_list] Re: Rollei 35S, SE

On Sunday, September 30, 2007, at 10:39PM, <marvin0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Thanks for the responses. Mark I wonder if we are on the same page here, I am
>talking about the Petri Colour 35, which is a very high quality minature
>camera, not the cheap mass produced models.
>Carlos I have never seen a 35 used in any exacting work such as street
>documentary, and that's what I think counts against the 35. Sure for static
>subjects its OK, zone focus and all.
>I really think that for the size of the camera the M3 with a collapsable 50mm
>is infinitely better. The size differential is minimal.
>In my opinion I think the 35 is an infexible tool. I agree with the post that
>the Kodak Retina is also a good minature, they are excellent.
>Thanks,
>Marvin.

The Rollei 35 had a classic Niche as a mountaineering camera, where size,
weight, and rugged dependability were paramount.
The Petri color does have a bit of a cult reputation as a sleeper camera, very
atypical of the normal petri line.  (I have no direct experience here so this
could well be a case of propagating internet mythology, but its well reviewed
on Steve Gandy's site http://www.cameraquest.com/petri35.htm )
All the best
Laurence Cuffe