[rollei_list] Rollei 35 question

  • From: ERoustom <eroustom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 22:40:24 -0500

Hello all,

Curiosity got the better of me, and I managed to "win" a bidding contest for an S Xenar Rollei 35. It seems to be in working condition, but three points need addressing, perhaps some of you could help me with some information: 1. When camera is held lens down (towards the pull of gravity) the lens slides out, slowly, and when camera is turned up, the lens freely slides back, clunk. When locked into place, the lens is fine - it will only retract when cocked. 2. All the shutter speeds seem right, but the 1/4 and 1/2 require that the shutter release button be held down until their time passes, or the shutter will close as soon as pressure on the button is released.
Is all this normal?
3. There is a screw missing from the top chrome cover, center back, under the film advance lever, also on the back top cover, there is a little hole. Is this screw crucial (not to second guess German engineering) to operation, until I find a way to replace it?

Thank you,

Elias