[rollei_list] Re: Rollei 35 Classic and Olympus Stylus

  • From: Jeff Kelley <thocker@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 21:21:07 -0700

Larry,

Here's a bit of Olympus Stylus history, including a diagram of the 35mm F2.8
lens:
http://www.wrotniak.net/photo/stylus/index.html

The Stylus Epic has had its current shape for a lot of years.  I don't recall
the "Epic" with the f/2.8 having another shape.

Jeff> Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 20:56:22 -0700> From: cuffe@xxxxxxx> To:
rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [rollei_list] Re: Rollei 35 Classic and
Olympus Stylus> > > On Thursday, September 27, 2007, at 12:38PM, "Jeff Kelley"
<thocker@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:> >> >I have 2 of these. They are called "Olympic
Stylus Epic."> > > >The fixed 35mm lens is pretty incredible. I keep black &
white film in one and color film in the other. I usually grab one or both
whenever I leave the house....> > > >They are still available:>
>http://tinyurl.com/24sltd> > Nah, Thats not it. the original version wasn't so
wedge shaped. This one may have the same lens, and as I recall that some of the
original 2.8's had a problem with the auto focus, so this one may be a better
buy, but its not the original.> All the best> Larry Cuffe> ---> Rollei List> >
- Post to rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> > - Subscribe at
rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe' > in the subject field OR by
by logging into www.freelists.org> > - Online, searchable archives are
available at> //www.freelists.org/archives/rollei_list>