[rollei_list] Rollei 35 Classic

  • From: Jan Decher <Jan.Decher@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 11:08:49 -0400

Has anyone used one of the newer Rollei 35 Classic? I really prefer the placement of the hot shoe on the top and also like the re- designed flash that came with the classic kit. A gray ("platinum") one just went for about $650 on EBAY with BIN. Not sure if they ever come cheaper.

Wished F&H would decide to make a "run of the mill" version again in the $400-600 range. I am sure there would be good outlets for it, like the posh Bauhaus-inspired "Manufactum" warehouse in Germany: http://www.manufactum.de/Suchergebnis.2033.0.html Manufactum also used to sell a late re-incarnation of the spring- wound Robot camera (which could be a real contender for the Rollei 35.

Jan

On 27 Sep 2007, at 02:31, FreeLists Mailing List Manager wrote:
..., than
a cheap aux rangefinder on the hot shoe (hung upside down!) will get
you where you need to be. The focus travel from 3 feet to infinity on
the XA is about an inch and the focus patch is about as precise...

I traded my user 35S for a beautiful German many years ago, and
speaking as a shooter rather than a collector/fondler, I'm sorry I
did. The Sonnar on that camera is really very exceptional...
Eric Goldstein