[rollei_list] Rollei 35

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 12:37:52 +0000 (GMT)

I have received yesterday my "new" Rollei 35, this is
my first Rollei 35 after my father gave me one as a
present on 1973 for my high school graduation, I had
used this camera for two weeks only because I lost it
or it was stolen during our high school class of 1973
traditional graduation trip to the Patagonia.
Well, this "new" one also came from that far South
(Rawson city, province of Chubut), it looks very well,
I'd say excellent, it's a camera made by Rollei
Singapore, Tessar lens 3.5/40 made by Rollei too,
Compur shutter and according the serial number
(3470xxx)it was manufactured in 1973, it's a little
marvel. The lightmter works but I don't know its
accuracy, it has a Varta 625 U battery.

Interesting to note that from September 1968 the
Rollei 35 Tessar lens was provided with a special
protection to avoid the UV rays excess and then the UV
filter was no longer necessary for normal color
photography, Zeiss and Rollei under Zeiss license used
a special cement to join the third and fourth element
that also works like UV rays depletion layer;
my camera also has a larger visor than previous
versions with parallax correction marks.
The lens and visor are like new, however the slower
shutter speeds are slow too much and then a good
shutter CLA is necessary.-

All the best
Carlos

PS: The manual in the Ferdi's site was very useful to
me.-

Correo Yahoo!