[rollei_list] Re: Rodinal, TMax, scanning

  • From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 16:04:30 -0500

At 08:11 AM 3/21/2011, Bob Smith:
I read this from Sanders this morning and I wanted a little clarification - I could be misinterpreting the thought. I've never heard of underexposed negs causing Newton Rings. Am I understanding this correctly? I spent many years selling both high-end drum scanners (Hell Graphics / Linotype / Scitex - along with flatbed scanners from Iris / AGFA, etc) - and I never recall hearing Newton rings can be caused by underexposed negatives. Now I'm curious and just looking for some clarification.

Thanks.

Bob Smith

This is a response to a fairly old post but I can say that as far as slides are concerned, at least for some types, if they are under-exposed there are less "bumps" on the emulsion side and that does make an environment for Newtons rings.

DAW