[rollei_list] Re: Rodinal, TMax, scanning

  • From: Bob Smith <notraces@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 09:14:30 -0400

Carlos -

Thanks for that. It's the first I've ever heard a correlation between Newton
rings and underexposed negs.

I also find it interesting you get a better scan by laying the neg directly on
the glass. I have the holders from Doug Fisher I use (unless I'm using either
my Nikon 9000) and they are really great - very easy to adjust - and I simply
take a piece of ANR glass and lay it over the negative (120) to keep it nice
and flat. I have the holder adjusted so the neg ALMOST touches the glass. I
avoid any touching of the glass because of the possibility of Newton rings.

I may try to scan a few negs directly on the glass to see if it makes a
difference. I've been shooting 4x5 sheets and don't like the Epson holder - so
I may give those a go.

Interesting - and thanks!

Bob