[rollei_list] Re: Reflections of New York: '50s Rollei photographer

2012/2/10 Pierre Le Provost <pierreleprovost@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Really interesting links.

Photographs are very good indeed, beyond the historical meaning they
got today. The cars in the image recalled me a Ford '53 Victoria my
father bought on 1961/62, he was a young man then and couldn't afford
a new car yet, someone told him a car agency at Buenos Aires city
imported some refurbished cars from the United States and that they
were cheap comparatively, my father travelled there and got a nice
pale blue and white Victoria, it still had the strong yellow with
black numbers and letters New Yory city plates, my father wanted to
register the car in our city and obtained a special authorization to
drive the car with the original plates for two weeks; it caused a
sensation here, people turned in the streets to see car and man that
came from NYC...
I recall several details on that car despite I was five or six years
old, it was our first car with radio.