[rollei_list] Re: Query: Mechancial Cameras

  • From: Ardeshir Mehta <ardeshir@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 02:35:31 -0400

On Monday, April 11, 2005, at 01:18  AM, David Seifert wrote:

> Yes, but the actual cameras haven't been "made" in decades.
>
> David

Well, they were certainly being made as late as 1999 - see=20
<http://www.cameraquest.com/rusky2.htm>. Their quality seems to be=20
improving as well. The author of this web site, Stephen Gandy, writes=20
(in 2002): "Holy shades of Wetzlar! This fake is so well done that it=20
is not that hard to believe it might have been a son of Wetzlar." And:=20=

"What is astounding about this camera to me is the VERY high quality of=20=

the chrome. It is much higher than I have ever seen on any Russian=20
camera before. In fact, the chrome on this camera is good enough to=20
pass with most people as original Leica! Believe it or don't."

Who knows, some years down the road we may see fake Leicas even BETTER=20=

made than the real ones of yore ...=A0!=A0;-)

Cheers.

+++++