[rollei_list] Re: Query: Mechancial Cameras

  • From: Marc James Small <msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 20:28:30 -0400

At 12:54 PM 4/11/05 -0700, Jerry Lehrer wrote:

>I'll bet that those Tessinas are leftovers from the first
>production run in 1960!  Has anyone ever seen one
>being used?

I had a Tessina kit for about a year, a decade or so back.  It was quite a
nice camera and took rather decent pictures, albeit in that odd frame size.
 I even met Karl Heitz when I owned it;  he had dropped in to visit at a
local camera store and I happened to walk in and get introduced to the gent.

I stupidly took the Tessina to one of those Washington DC camera shows and
had it on my table.  A buyer offered me more than twice what I'd paid for
it, so I cheerfully sold it.  EBay has brought Tessina prices way down, so
I may get another one of these days.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx=20
Cha robh b=E0s fir gun ghr=E0s fir!