[rollei_list] Re: Query: Mechancial Cameras

  • From: Bob Shell <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 15:59:42 -0400

On Monday, April 11, 2005, at 03:54  PM, Jerry Lehrer wrote:

> I'll bet that those Tessinas are leftovers from the first
> production run in 1960!  Has anyone ever seen one
> being used?

Seen one being used?  I used to have one!  I had the wrist strap for it
and it was a hell of a lot of fun to always have a camera right there
ready to go.  And a motor drive camera on top of that!

The optical quality on the one I had was superb.  You had to remember
to print the negatives "backwards", that is emulsion up in the enlarger.

Karl Heitz still sells them, but I doubt any have been made for some
time.  He also sells new Alpa cameras, and we all know how long that
factory has been shut down.

Bob