[rollei_list] Re: Platinum Printing (was: Developing and Printing at Home (was: Re: More first Rolleicord pics...))

  • From: Dennis Purdy <dpurdyphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 12:04:00 -0800

On Saturday, Mar 5, 2005, at 11:39 US/Pacific, Ardeshir Mehta wrote:

> On Saturday, March 5, 2005, at 01:34  PM, Dennis Purdy wrote:
>
>> Platinum printing is my method and has been for 20 years.. (I am B&S
>> customer number 25 or so). With the incredible cost of silver paper
>> these days it is really just about as cheap to make a pl/pd print.
>
> Wonderful! Where do you get your inter-negatives made? And what size do
> you normally print?

I have always shot 8X10 and printed that size.. however I am in the
process of learning to enlarge negs because I am tired of the 8x10
camera and want to start shooting roll film.  My interest in the
Rolleiflex started from looking at Irving Penn's enlarged platinum
prints.  Unbelievable quality.  It took me a year to get a Rollei that
I really like and now am waiting for Harry Fleenor to send it back to
me with the 220 switch installed and an overhauled film transport.   I
am impatiently waiting.  I will enlarge the negs myself in a positive
to positive process.  My goal is of course a variety of sizes from
small to 15x15 inches.
Dennis Purdy