[rollei_list] Re: Planar for Leica M and now Sonnar.

  • From: FRANK DERNIE <frank.dernie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2006 01:35:15 +0000 (GMT)

IME the Bessa rangefinder is a poor design prone to losing vertical alignment.
Both my Bessa and sister Epson RD1 have vertical alignment drift in their
rangefinders. I also much prefer the film loading on Leica M to the flimsy
hinged door arrangements on lesser cameras. The best rangefinder is on the M3
but the cheaper M2 system, which was standardised on subsequently is eminently
practical. I have used Ms for many years from M3 to M6 and have never had any
sort of problem with any of them, they are not even all that expensive used
nowadays.
Frank