[rollei_list] Re: On-Topic Discussions

Marc:

I had been on the list in the late 90's and early 2000's and learned a great
deal about the Rollei cameras in excruciating detail: film flatness, fine
differences between various TLRs, Xenotars vs. Planars, Xenar vs. Tessar,
etc...etc....I have been reading the list in the recent months and to me the
list is fine.  Obviously less Rollei content but the content is mostly
photography oriented.   There is only so much that can be said about these fine
cameras,  so filling in with interesting classic photography related content
with a sprinkle of Rollei related stuff is fine in my book.

Marc, do not be troubled, the list is fine,  - Andrew.

P.S.  My photography is mostly related to landscapes, but in the late 90's I
have been feeling "stale".  So, to break out from the stagnation I asked myself
what would be the most challenging type of photography for me to try.  Street
photography came to mind  where one has to face strangers face to face up
close.  I seem to be doing both types now in the ratio of 50:50 and I think
they both complement each other as they require different attitudes, different
techniques and they seem to keep me "fresh".  Although I never tried it, I had
been toying with the idea to try a Rollei TLR rather than my traditional 35mm
equipment for taking street photographs.  I would ask the those who practice
it, how it is generally done.  I presume pre-focusing must be on the top of the
useful techniques like I use it on my 35 mm rangefinders and SLRs.

Andrew Hagner (P.Eng.) | Senior Geotechnical Engineer, Associate | Golder
Associates Ltd.
85 Curlew Drive, Suite 110, Don Mills, Ontario, Canada M3A 2P8
T: [+1] (416) 383 1760 (ext. 223) | F: [+1] (416) 383 1762 | E:
ahagner@xxxxxxxxxx | www.golder.com

This e-mail transmission is confidential and may contain proprietary
information for the exclusive use of the intended recipient. Any use,
distribution or copying of this transmission, other than by the intended
recipient, is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,
please notify the sender and delete all copies. Electronic media is susceptible
to unauthorized modification, deterioration, and incompatibility. Accordingly,
the electronic media version of any work product may not be relied upon.