[rollei_list] Re: On-Topic Discussions

  • From: Elias Roustom <eroustom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 08:55:06 -0500

I think the underlying problem is that Rollei's are such straight forward reliable, intuitive machines, that there just isn't a lot to talk about.

And that's where you're wrong!  How's that for a conversation starter?

I was shooting the portrait of my wife and her fellow ordinands (and the bishop who wouldn't hire a photographer) just before the ordination to the ministry service at the Cathedral of St. Paul in Boston when I felt the winder of my 2.8C stick, and not advance. I hid my shock very well, and hit the shutter release another time, and then was able to advance. It was very cold out in front of the church at 9:45 am. What happened? Did I not properly release the shutter? Was the film not properly in the start position when I loaded, and a corner was stuck somewhere (cold film). Or was the devil trying to ruin my work? I've had a few mis-advanced framed with the rollei - it's been CLA'd in the last three years.

I've yet to process the film, as I'm short on time these days, but this weekend I will. I'll find out if I got a double exposure on the first frame.

Comments, suggestions?

Elias