[rollei_list] Re: On-Topic Discussions

  • From: Thor Legvold <tlegvold@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 14:41:36 +0100

Hi Marc,

I realize that it's a trick question, but to fire the Baby Grey, open the viewfinder hood....

IIRC, someone here on this very list told a tale of how he bought one from a pawn/used shop for next to nothing as the owner thought the shutter was broken.

I'd like to hear more about the Rolleinars, as I have all 3, but found them a bit fiddly to use compared to the 6008/90mm APO-Symmar makro I recently posted. Any suggestions? How close can you go? How well does the parralax system work?

Cheers,
Thor

p.s. I agree that Sanders book is stunning. I haven't seen Carlos', unfortunately.

On 22. jan.. 2010, at 10.40, Marc James Small wrote:

I am having a few requests for on-topic discussions. I am at a loss. This List is run by Member input, with my right of killing a thread, a la post 9-11. We spent a huge quantity of electrons in such discussions on Rollei use back in our earlier incarnation. I have suggested to these folks that they ask questions to inspire conversation but they have not done so. Apparently, they expect us to provide the show while they stay safely on the sidelines. Again, I am at a loss. You guys provide the List is topics and, yes, a lot of us have been together for almost two decades and have discussed the using of the Rollieflex camera to death.

Allow me to ask:

When using a Magnar, how should a shooter adjust the shutter and f/ stops? What about for a Duonar? What about a LR Mutar?

Why will a Baby Grey not fire when the shutter is cocked?

Others, add in. We seem to be being perceived as being, as one person noted, "the Nancy Pelosi List: eternally boring".

Save the List. Start telling us where we are wrong. Shucks, tell me why I am the most inept List Owner in history. That is not important. Save the List by asking questions!

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!