[rollei_list] Re: Old film

  • From: "John A. Lind" <jalind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 01:51:20 -0500

At 12:14 AM 5/31/2005, John Jensen wrote:
>I agree with Jerry.  What is wrong with Eastern
>meters, particularly those from Newark, New Jersey?
>
>John

Some of us use both; an Eastern meter in the morning before the sun's local
zenith and a Western meter after the sun's local zenith.

I can only speculate from this that there must be Northern and Southern
meters, perhaps quite specialized and not as common, for use within or near
the Arctic and Antarctic circles.  It would be interesting to know out of
sheer curiosity, but doubt I'd ever have need of either as I'm in the
mid-latitudes and do not anticipate ever visiting anywhere near either pole.

-- John Lind